Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

MOAR STUFF MWAHAHAHAA. Mwahahaa. mwa... ha... ha... haa...

So prepare for a sorta BIG post!

Backstory and stuff of the slavers
Some of them were Paladins once, who got bored of good things, so they turned evil; but instead of becoming dark paladins, they somehow traded their divine powers to half immortality. Of course, the cost was that they lost a lot of their intelligence and "freedom", becoming slaves of some mysterious dark thing, (I couldn't think of a name for it) which obviously stole their souls as well. Then they started serving a slavemaster who's some kind of mysterious guy.
Those who weren't paladins are just normal people who got recruited by the evil slavemaster guy. When they were recruited, they were kind of brainwashed, so they became 100% evil.

I thought it'd be a cool thing if they'd travel from town to town selling the slaves to everyone who can afford it. Although I'm not sure about Bishopia; they'd probably get killed/captured if they went there, as clearly they're criminals, and not the smartest kind. But that'd be a good reason for them to go there, because they wouldn't expect to be caught... Well whatever. :P
And they'd have a guide with them on the journeys, some kind of weird old man who came from the Posluncted Land. (always old men :lol:)

The slavers are kind of immortal; they don't age or die from wounds, but they rot/mummify/get diseases, etc just like normal people. So for example, if they'd get cancer, eventually they're one big cancer mold. :rofl: Or if they live for like 100 years (or whatever it takes a human to rot), they're probably already completely rotten and wrinkly. As a result, they 'fix' themselves by attaching fragments of armor, skin, clothes, hair, body parts, etc of dead slaves to cover the wounds. You know, recycling.
...meaning that they could be called pseudo-undead. :lol:

Anyway, I also thought of the way they classify their slaves:

-------------------------------------------------------
-Humans
--Soldiers (200-400 Z)
--Wizards (500-600 Z)
--Adventurers (80-800 Z)
--Tourists (20-100 Z)
--Healers (200-500 Z)
--Paladins (450-550 Z)
--Rogues (10-50 Z)
--Vikings (350-400 Z)
--Inventors (330-550 Z)
--Druids (500-600 Z)
--Peasants (1-10 Z)
--Beggars (0-5 Z)
--Shepherds (10-16 Z)
--Knights (200-900 Z)
--Archmages (2000-5000)

-Hobgoblins (800-1100 Z)

-Vampyres
--Human-like (600-700 Z)
--Vampire-like (1000-1200 Z)

-G'nomes
--Gunners (450-700 Z)
--Trappers (500-650 Z)

-Elves
--Wood Elves (500-1000 Z)
--Jive Elves (1500-2000 Z)
--Dimlock Elves (1000-1750 Z)
--Phesteis Elves (600-700 Z)

-------------------------------

Abyss stuff/'Dark dimension'
...I don't know what/where exactly the Abyss is, but I thought that unless it's set in stone already, it wouldn't hurt if I think of how I think it could be. :lol:
I've somehow had the "feeling" that it's in another dimension or something, mostly because it's so organic and stuff, has lava, etc...
So I thought, if it's some kind of 'error' between two dimensions; the one which is the normal one, and a dark dimension. This would mean it's basically endless, kind of like space, kind of non-existant and imaginary, but still real. You know.
And it'd continue to the dark dimension, which would be similar to Abyss but black/purple/blue, obscured with thick purple fog and black spider web-like things, unimaginably horrendous monsters, (things that Deamon Lords tell stories about to scare each other) 'over-frozen' lakes (you know, so cold that it's below 0 kelvin, and things and time move BACKWARDS in there, etc), and other nice stuff like that. Kind of like hell for those who think hell is a place for lying in the sun drinking tea.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

So the slavers are Type III...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New things:
I'm making books for a Bishopia Library... :P Editing script and stuff of the tourist guide thing and writing thousands of lines of text... I dunno in what place where the library is, lol. But I guess it could be just a few shelves and tables or something somewhere in Bishopia... Maybe near the Healer's place?
The books will be stuff like: logs of research scientific things of Lorule have done, "historical" books about different things, etc.
Already finished a "history" book which I sent to Zefz. With "s because it's not necessarily an accurate historical thing, possible something some crazy dude wrote and it's believed to be actual history of Lorule. :lol:
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Maybe have different skins for each history book? (not all books look the same)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Maybe have different skins for each history book? (not all books look the same)
Yeah, they'll all be different. I'll also do some scrolls and stuff.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

Post by woodmouse »

New question: how is gnomish speaken? I'm making a G'nomish Monarch npc for some town, and the idea is that he doesn't know any other language than gnomish, since he's like, you know, a royal G'nome who doesn't need to speak anything else... So what should I do? Just random gibberish sounds? But what about messages?

EDIT: I'll just make him speak english, it's the easiest solution. Screw reality... :lol: He'll be in Sandweg btw... just as a weird guy who speaks weird things and stuff, maybe gives a quest.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Sorry about double triple posting, but this post's gonna be long and on a totally different subject, so I think it won't annoy anyone.

I got this idea a long time ago already but decided not to post about it until now since it was quite unfinished, but now I've kind of finished the backstory:
Grand Healers, needless to say that they are healers who specialize in different fields and are veeeeeeery much more powerful in their divine spells than regular healers. There originally were ten healers who participated in a holy ritual of some sort, but it gone wrong (how cliche is that...) and because of that, they all have been "cursed" by some mysterious dark thing (the same that the slavers) that trapped them inside their mind or something. Hard to explain, but I'll try. You know, so that they think they're in some horrible place (Abyss? or the dark dimension thing if it can exist), but they're not really there but actually were buried alive, prisoned somewhere, etc, not for long (because you know, people die if they don't eat or drink) but for a week or two.

Only four of them survived, and they wouldn't have survived either but they broke free from the "curse" by beating some mysterious dark thing or something in their minds... but they became half-ghosts (why do I like half-x things so much!?) that have their physical bodies and all, but they move in the air like ghosts and share their bodies so that when they want, they all can be in the same body at once, or leave one body "dead" somewhere, and you know just travel from place to place fast.

...no, they're not evil, naturally, they're just healers who heal people. Good undead, you know. :lol: I thought it'd be awesome if they were made and they'd randomly appear in towns, but not sure how they'd be different from normal healers besides their backstory... maybe they'd move around and say things about their past? Give tips?

Or is that too clicheous and weird, and too loosely tied to anything? :P
octagon

Post by octagon »

I like the idea, though that probably doesn't say much, since I like about 98% of all ideas.

Probably they should have very epic special skins, kind of like archmages, and be semi-transparent (?). They possibly could give hints or secret/obscure/forgotten pieces of information, but
And they should sometimes stop being responsive and stand still (or drop seemingly dead), with their soul (which could be picked up by any character called Cimeries)/spirit/something floating around (only visible with truesight).
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

octagon wrote:Probably they should have very epic special skins, kind of like archmages, and be semi-transparent (?).
I've already made skins for them, btw. :lol:

I'm still gonna edit them to be more than just recolors.

Transparency would be kind of weird... they have full-body armor and the ghosts are INSIDE the bodies that are INSIDE the armor.. :P

EDIT: What about guard captain of Bishopia's name? I thought Eldvin would be fitting?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Double post... well, anyway...

Evil mages/necromancers who have teamed/allianced together in order to develop a spell that they could use to summon some mysterious dark thing (the mysterious dark thing's name is some mysterious dark thing, or something) and then take over the world or even the whole universe... all have lived for looooooooong time. LONG time. VERY long time. You get it, looooooooooooong.

Meulk'Shul-Lolgolmosh the Monolich
A lich who fused his eyes together with an archmage orb, and as such he can use the 'eye' to do anything to anyone with the cost that it eventually loses its power (in about ten years). The current eye he has is probably something like the 50th. :P Long age because of the orbs and lichification (if that's a word).

Zol'mortch-Arxurm the Baphomancer
A demon mage... specializes in fire spells and torturing people. Yeah cliche, lol. The only one who uses physical weapons as much as spells. Natural long age due to being a deamon.

Xama'Lumil the Wizardoomer
A wizard who was born blind and always was good, but eventually turned evil because he lost his mind due to his great magic powers and blindness. Specializes in POWERFUL spells. EPIC ONES!!! You know, everything that's huge and destructive and doesn't require accuracy. Doesn't care about his comrades, and killed one of the evil mages. "Only" about 150 years old.

? the Dracolich
You know, the Dracolich... whatever his name is. Can't really describe anything about him since there isn't much anywhere and he's too important to be screwed with my brains. :rofl: Secret of his long age? Is he even old? I don't know. Maybe because he's a draconian, they live long, don't they? And he's a lich. How old is he? :o

Argalxas'Agas-Wyrzyxyr the Symbiomage
Evil mage who had some kind of parasite fuse in him, and eventually ate his whole body, leaving a powerful ghost. Why's he lived long? Duh, he's DEAD, he's not alive. Ghosts rarely live anymore, right? :P

Borg'zt-Mo'rt-Exbo'om the Nitromancer
A necromancer specialized in turning corpses into kamikaze bombers and explosions in general. Not very old compared to the other ones, about 200 years old.

Nah-Laa'zoth Perx-Sot the Bloodlich
Necromancer who never became a lich or even semi-immortal, only used other people's blood to live longer, like a vampire but he wasn't one. Killed by Xama'Lumil. Died at the age of 537. Maybe the brother of the warlock shopkeeper in Zippy Village?
octagon

Post by octagon »

The Darkmagical Darkmage Syndicate Of Dark Magic? :P
Nice.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

I love the Redundancy Department of Redundancy sound.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I could swear I've posted to this thread two times already after Maxle, but it seems not... well, anyway, I was bored so I thought that I'll do a concept image of the big Elf tree. Of course no leaves, you wouldn't see what there is otherwise, and I don't mean it should have the branches just like that, you know. Just the few places and stuff, easier to draw than write a huge bible-sized description. :P Also, I thought that maybe some Elves live in the tree, and never go to the ground?

What do you think? Oh and I got an idea of how to make the tree as a module: first a huge blank map, with the town/forest stuff as the texture (blurred of course). Putting water on that to make clouds (like in the G'nome starter). Then the tree would be made with models:
-a few different bridge-like models, with branches on the sides, but so you could walk on the big parts
-different sized branches (not walkable, but maybe some could be climbed in some way... not sure how)
-trunk could be just a big and tall almost rounded (but natural-looking) thing...
-leaves could be done the same way the light in the beginning of Adventurer starter is.

But of course, that would require a lot of modeling, possibly also animating to make the branches more "alive"... it could be worth it though, although I have no idea about modeling, so I can't do that... well, I also got an idea of things that could be done in the tree:
-there could be some Elves in the hideout place, maybe some Dimlocks as prisoners (if Elves do that), and they could say stuff when bumped, maybe about the history of the Elves and stuff?
-find some plants that could be used for different spells or something...
-feed birds, I don't know for what purpose though... :P
-jump down and die (but there could be some secret place somewhere, so if you'd jump on that, you'd survive (think of what Croc was full of, if you've played that game)) and there'd be something useful there, but nothing that makes things too easy.
-push people down from there, although that'd still make you a criminal, it wouldn't disable exporting; it wouldn't make sense if it did. Maybe there'd be something special if an Elf did that?
-Healers and Paladins could say something fancy if they get high.
-Archeologists could have a quest to find some rare artifact from there.
-Elves could become a "fake Hero class" to get new armors and stuff, new sounds and skills, etc, but still stay as Wood Elf. You know, like an... uh, upgrade or something.
-Find an epic old guy, who you could either fight with (he'd be 99.999% impossible to beat) or he could tell you stuff; I'm not sure how that would be handled (the deciding of it), but I think it'd be possible? You know, he'd be like some ancient Elf who did something so epic he is thought of as a demigod by the Elves. 8)

So... what do you people think, lol? If I wouldn't fail at everything, I'd start doing it, but maybe I'll do something... like... uh... skins for the epic old guy, do the plants, skins for Elves, etc?

TELL MEEEEE!!! WHAT YOU THIIIIINK!!! :mrgreen:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I always envisioned you visit greatwood from the ground. You can see the gigantic tree as a model, but you cant climb it. You are only allowed in the village/shops scattered around the big tree. Forest around the tree should be magical though... crystal lakes, faries, giant mushrooms etc.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:I always envisioned you visit greatwood from the ground. You can see the gigantic tree as a model, but you cant climb it. You are only allowed in the village/shops scattered around the big tree. Forest around the tree should be magical though... crystal lakes, faries, giant mushrooms etc.
Ohh... then maybe there could be an epic old guy near the tree? :o

Yeah, I love epic old guys because.. uh... I dunno why. :lol: