Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Re: Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

Post by Zefz »

We already have an NPC angel in the Abyss 2. I think she heals you and can even resurrect you.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I know, but I meant more like angels who usually aren't on Earth/whatever planet it is, but in an epic place/heaven/another dimension. You know, like... they'd only come when the pressure is big enough, or something like that. So they'd be different kind of angels, even if originally they'd have been the same.

...even though that depends on how long the one in the Abyss has been there. If it's only like a few days, then my idea is a bit retarded... :P
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

PREPARE FOR THE MOST RETARDED THING YOU'VE EVER READ!!!
(and a semi-big post...)

How about having some kind of huge, megasuper NPCs, named after some big huge things in religions and mythologies, etc? Also, so they'd pretty much be like those things, but not in every way. 8) Yeah, cliche for the sake of cliche, but whatever, it'd at least be epic in my opinion, even though maybe names could be thought of later. :P Anyway, you know, not necessarily as enemies (because that'd be scary, lol :shock: ) but more as some kind of neutral NPCs in some epic city/place, in some other planet/dimension, which I also got an idea of...

AND OF COURSE, this whole idea is too epic and stuff, so I'm sure everyone has over 9000 hand-shaped marks in their faces if they read it... but you know, I'm just being myself and have these weird stupid epic ideas, lol. :P

The Monumentally Epic Ones: (or whatever they could be called)
^Just some retarded-looking skins for them^
They'd be the oldest, hugest, most epic monster things which ever existed anywhere. :P Of course that'd be a bit too big, especially if they could somehow be interacted with, but you know, overwhelming epicness could somehow be achieved by making them do things which could be considered poslunctuous epicly epic epicness, and not only as backstory/whatever things like that, you know. :lol:

If you'd anger them, there'd be the most epic boss battle ever, which would be literally impossible. :rofl: Or maybe just 99% impossible, beatable only by some super epic mysterious nearly impossible to find weapon, which would have to be used at the 1 millisecond long time, when they're weak... throwing toilet paper at them. :woo: ...not really, that'd be seriously messed up and disturbing, high octane nightmare fuel, probably would traumatize all people who discovered it... :mrgreen: Anyway, you get my point, lol, these are just the ideas what they COULD be like, and not what they'd do in the module where they'd be in (if there ever will be one), since that'd be weird and impossible. But you know.

Anyway, the reason I thought the ones that would fit as the ones that would be those, names and otherwise, are because they just... dunno. :P

Abraxas
-physically strongest
-plans everything that happens (to a certain extenct)
-can destroy anything by thinking of it (to a certain extenct of course)
-uses arcane and divine magic
-as weapons, uses axes
-is in charge of an army of evil undead (the typical necromancy things), magical monsters, etc

Demiurge
-physically weakest
-decides everything that happens (to a certain extenct)
-can modify anything by thinking of it (to a certain extenct...)
-uses arcane and divine magic
-as weapons, uses swords
-is in charge of an army of animal monsters, humanoids, etc

Metatron
-physically weak
-keeps track/knows of everything that happens (to a certain extenct)
-can know anything by thinking of it (to a certain extenct, as in reading minds and seeing future, etc)
-uses divine magic
-as weapons, uses spears
-is in charge of an army of good undead (divine magic 'resurrected' things), angels, etc

Horus
-physically strong
-directs/organizes everything that happens (to a certain extenct, yet again, lol)
-can create anything by thinking of it (to a certain extenct... you know)
-uses arcane magic
-as weapons, uses maces
-is in charge of an army of animal monsters, robots, etc

So yeah, I mean like, they could be in a different dimension, or planet; or whatever the Posluncted Land is, if that ever gets done (probably won't, since for some stupid reason every single module I try to make, turns out to have unexplainable bugs even if there's nothing other than things in the global objects folder...). But you know. In some huge epic place, where they're in charge of everything, and they'd be on top of a mountain in the huge epic place, or something like that. 8) 8) 8)

...and I'm sure this idea goes beyond 'overly retarded epicness and impossibly unnecessary big things'. :rofl:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

A few ideas and questions, which aren't about overly huge things:

What are normal Draconians like? I mean, since there aren't any other anywhere, other than the Dracolich, it's a bit weird; wouldn't it be a good idea to have at least one or two of them as normal enemies somewhere? Maybe some kind of mountain/cave module, which would technically be a sidequest, but still an important part of the main quest... you know, like a kind of "filler module" or whatever.

Another thing that (in my opinion) would make everything more logical, and the Dracolich a lot more epic, would be to have a peaceful half-town module, where there'd be some NPCs, who hide from monsters, and they (enemies and the people) could be strong, but nothing overwhelming. :P You know, kind of like a sign of 'even the strongest warriors are scared of the Dracolich and his buddies'. I mean, since now it's like "omg you wanna kill the Dracolich! ok go ahead, he's strong but we're not really even scared of him, just lazy, so yeah, go do our dirty work". :lol: My explanation sucks, but you know what I mean. Or maybe some other way to do it would be better, but since the Dracolich is supposed to be so overly scary and all, and is so strong and stuff, so it'd be kind of common sense that everyone would be scared of him.

If I've always been mistaken, and the Dracolich isn't supposed to be the strongest thing (which at least a normal person ever hears about), then I understand why it's like it is. But since it seems like he would be like that... well, it wouldn't hurt to exaggerate the epicness quite a bit, imo. :P Maybe? Not? Ok. :rofl:

OH AND!!! How old is he? The Dracolich, I mean. Somehow I remember asking about it before, but my memory sucks so much, that I have no idea if I did... and how long did it take him to build the 'army' and all that? Just things that could also be added to detail the stuff, you know. Like, put an NPC in some town, who says something about the Dracolich, and stuff, which could be common knowledge. You know, so there would be no need for an epic old guy there, to do that. Since it'd seem strange if nobody has documented anything about him, it'd be like... you know, weird. :o
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I always assumed the draconians either were extinct, or the place where they live was too far away for them to reach Lorule, and subsequently the Dracolich was the only trace of the draconian people visible in Lorule.
The Dracolich belonging to an unknown race might increase its epicness by shrouding it in myth even more.

By the way, an unlockable Draconian player character could be awesome.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

octagon wrote:I always assumed the draconians either were extinct, or the place where they live was too far away for them to reach Lorule, and subsequently the Dracolich was the only trace of the draconian people visible in Lorule.
The Dracolich belonging to an unknown race might increase its epicness by shrouding it in myth even more.
Hmmm, maybe you're right. :o But I still think it'd be at least be awesome to have some NPCs whose main purpose is to be scared of him.
octagon wrote:By the way, an unlockable Draconian player character could be awesome.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Draconian: Draconians are an aloof race. They would just as soon ignore you as attack you. However, they have a weakness for treasure. The more treasure you carry, the more likely they are to attack. Watch out for their fire breath.