Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Mythologies/legends/history in Egoboo

Post by woodmouse »

Well, what kind of legends do the people of Lorule spread among each other? Because in a new module (kind of a town) I'm making, there's a shop full of scrolls and books with different texts, but as far as I know, there's not much about the history and mythologies. So I've kind of been avoiding big things, but you know, it's kind of pointless to have a book store or library if it consists of weird and unnecessary stuff.
I thought that it'd be cool if there would've been many natural disasters, diseases, wars, etc. Also, is the Dracolich the only of his kind, or are there many like him? Etc.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Read the various module introductions. A lot of background history of Lorule can be found there (The Cobol wars, the G'nomish Empire, etc.). The Dracolich is a member of the rare Draconian race that has turned himself into a lich.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Hmm, how many prisoners are there in Griffin Tower? And is it the "main prison"? Because I'd like to do a kind of list of criminals currently in there, which will be in the new town.
Although most can probably just be random, but you know, some who are extremely dangerous? Like the ten most dangerous criminals imprisoned in Griffin Tower or something.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Noticable criminals are Bargel, Dark Healer, Lumpking, COBOL Criminal and the Sand Troll.

They have randomly generated names each time you start the module (For example Alaya, Toothbreaker, IDENTIFICATION and Gath, respectively)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Noticable criminals are Bargel, Dark Healer, Lumpking, COBOL Criminal and the Sand Troll.

They have randomly generated names each time you start the module (For example Alaya, Toothbreaker, IDENTIFICATION and Gath, respectively)
Ok. Hmm, maybe some that aren't in the module? I mean, the tower has to be bigger than what the sidequest part is, right?

btw, why're Cobols' names in all caps? :o They weren't a few years ago if I remember correctly? :o
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Aren't all commands in caps in the old programming language called COBOL, which the cobols refer to?
I think their names are commands, too...
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

octagon wrote:Aren't all commands in caps in the old programming language called COBOL, which the cobols refer to?
I think their names are commands, too...
Correct.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Hmmm, in the town I'm making, there's a necromancer who trades something for a special evil scroll, but I'm having trouble with what would be fitting... I mean, it'd be great if it was something easily ignored from some other module, but... What and where? Ideas?

EDIT: I got an idea if an old spellbook, you know, those that don't work. :lol: But I don't know, if that'd be a good idea?
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

woodmouse wrote:Hmmm, in the town I'm making, there's a necromancer who trades something for a special evil scroll, but I'm having trouble with what would be fitting... I mean, it'd be great if it was something easily ignored from some other module, but... What and where? Ideas?

EDIT: I got an idea if an old spellbook, you know, those that don't work. :lol: But I don't know, if that'd be a good idea?
"_n% finds a shoddy-looking book..."
"_n% attempts to read the book, but it doesn't make sense!"
"_n% has wet their pants!"
"The nearby guards seem a little anxious..."
"_n% notices a [common NPC] staring at them..."
"_n%'s hair stands on end..."
"_n% feels a funny sensation in their scalp..."
"Zap! _n% gets shocked by a little static electricity."

Etc.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Maxaxle wrote:
woodmouse wrote:Hmmm, in the town I'm making, there's a necromancer who trades something for a special evil scroll, but I'm having trouble with what would be fitting... I mean, it'd be great if it was something easily ignored from some other module, but... What and where? Ideas?

"_n% finds a shoddy-looking book..."
"_n% attempts to read the book, but it doesn't make sense!"
"_n% has wet their pants!"
"The nearby guards seem a little anxious..."
"_n% notices a [common NPC] staring at them..."
"_n%'s hair stands on end..."
"_n% feels a funny sensation in their scalp..."
"Zap! _n% gets shocked by a little static electricity."

Etc.
lol...?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

What year is it in Lorule? Because I have a lot of stuff to change if it's something modern/historic. :lol:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I don't think we have set any specific date. Or what kind of world it is in. So far we only know about the island Lorule and that there are some kind of modern tourists that can come from a bigger continent.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:I don't think we have set any specific date. Or what kind of world it is in. So far we only know about the island Lorule and that there are some kind of modern tourists that can come from a bigger continent.
Hmm, then would something like 6000 be too much? :lol: I mean, I could of course change everyone in every module that I'm making have things as "X years ago", if it should be kept so there's no clear time?
octagon

Post by octagon »

It could be 6000. Why not? Years don't mean much in another world. I am pretty sure they count with a different calculation of time. The elves could count from the growth of that one huge tree in Mighty Wood, the Bishopians could count from the foundation of their kingdom on (which can't be very long, considering that it's named after the recent king Bishop), and so on...
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

There could be more than one King Bishop, you know... and everyone just forgot what number he is.