The centaur

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

The centaur

Post by octagon »

I don't know where to put it. But I just tried the model viewer, copied various monsters I wanted to see how they look like into the folder and was surprised about the Centaur.

I like both the style the skin is drawn in and the graphical quality of it..

Who made it? (Zefz? It seems very much like your style... the face looks much like your Informe avatar)
Why does it look so much more detailed?

I would like such a graphical quality (read: skin resolution) in more parts of the game. Not that I would talk about changing things... I would be the first one for intervention if someone wants to change the appearance of classical things like the Lumpkin or the Cobol. But still: I think that it would make gameplay even more awesome if more objects would have graphics of that resolution and detailedness.

Also, I think that a bit more skins could have this style, in my opinion. Whoever made the skin: You're awesome! :D
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I didn't make the model, but I did animate it and do the other data stuff. It's not completed yet though, it is missing some animations.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I believe it has a 64x64 skin as opposed to the usual 32x32, which might explain the higher quality. It must have been necessary to map all the centaurian polygons.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

but with the NU SDL_image, we can go up to like 1024x1024! (on older cards, newer ones go to 4096x4096; mine goes to 2048x2048)